• Prašome prisijungti, kad galėtumėte parašyti atsakymą
Temoje atsakymų: 8

#1 cybernck

cybernck
  • Senbuviai
  • Vieta:Banja Luka, Bosnia
  • Automobilis:205 GTI 1.9, 205 Mi32 3.8, 307 Break 2.0

Parašyta 2011 rugpjūčio 28 - 16:09

After recently selling my Black 205 GTI 1.9, I haven't planned on buying another 205 GTI but this one was simply too good to pass.
XU9JAZ (1.9 Motronic Cat, 120 bhp). First registered in 1991, but it's a 1989 model. 205 GTIs are very rare in Bosnia (and we're not
able to import such old cars), let alone ones in original unmolested condition, that have never been crashed - actually, this must be
the best example in Bosnia! I wished to have such a 205 GTI but I didn't even know this one existed, up until recently - so, miracles
do happen! ;)

Posted Image

However, the real reason I bought it is a tribute to a silver 205 GTI 1.9, which made me and my father fall in love with 205 GTIs,
20 years ago! You only live once and 205s have been a big part of my life so far, therefore I owed this one to buy it and cherish it.

Posted Image

It initially drove like a dream but all of a sudden developed some electric problems, which made it stall upon warm up. After quite
a bit of troubleshooting, I traced it to a duff ECU relay, but unfortunately the starter died because of all the cranking. Not exactly
what I was hoping I'd be doing with my "new" 205 in the first days of ownership :-(. I had to get the PAS bottle fixed too.

Posted Image

The tail lamps were the biggest bodge-up I've ever seen on a 205 - a mixture of Ph1 electrics, Ph2 reflectors and a Ph2 cover
and no revers lamp! I replaced the tail lamps for Ph1 items. I put some old orange front indicators on it too, for the retro look
and becuase one of the clear ones fell apart. The car back together and it fired up straight away and ran for 20 minutes with
no problems... and then the same problem came back! I was devastated. Spent next couple of days replacing EVERYTHING
electrical. It turned out to be a duff rotor arm in the end.

Posted Image

The car got it's first wash, at last! Then it was time for an obligatory photosession. A dull day, but it pics came out not too bad.
As it stands, it's completely original, even has the original faded bumpers, except for the aftermarket lower driving/spot lamps.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

It's got the early interior - to be honest, I've always hated it and preferred the later black/red chequer trim, but it has grown on me,
as it goes really well with silver exterior. No rips, holes or missing bits. Only one of the driver's side seat bolsters is a little bit saggy.
Seats and carpet could do with a wash but that will have to wait for spring.

Posted Image

And the small, but all-important, finishing touch!

Posted Image

Not quite sure about the plans with the car, I'll give it some more thought and present my ideas later.

Photos here: http://photos.cybernck.com/205gti999

#2 EsTr3ToR

EsTr3ToR
  • Senbuviai
  • Vieta:Vilnius
  • Automobilis:Peugeot 205 Gti 1992 1.9

Parašyta 2011 rugpjūčio 28 - 19:29

One of my favorite GTi photo ever Posted Image
Lovely looking car also :blush:
Peugeot 205 GTi 1992 Sorrento Green 1.9 Mi16 Sometime... Peugeot 205 GTi 1987 Graphite Grey 1.6->1.9 Finished Restoration

#3 cybernck

cybernck
  • Senbuviai

Parašyta 2011 rugpjūčio 30 - 18:26

I've got such photos of my other cars as well, if that turns you on? :lol:

#4 EsTr3ToR

EsTr3ToR
  • Senbuviai
  • Vieta:Vilnius
  • Automobilis:Peugeot 205 Gti 1992 1.9

Parašyta 2011 rugpjūčio 30 - 20:54

It sure does :D
Peugeot 205 GTi 1992 Sorrento Green 1.9 Mi16 Sometime... Peugeot 205 GTi 1987 Graphite Grey 1.6->1.9 Finished Restoration

#5 cybernck

cybernck
  • Senbuviai

Parašyta 2011 rugsėjo 14 - 03:52

Anyhow, that post was actually nearly two years ago now :o. I can't believe that I've not done any work on it since, except having to repair the radiator, but I've just started making it nicer and better, so you can expect an update soon! :)

#6 cybernck

cybernck
  • Senbuviai

Parašyta 2011 rugsėjo 24 - 00:24

Nearly two years and only 4000 km later, we're in September 2011. Better late than never - starting a small
overhaul from inside out. Dirty interior was making me sick and I was eagerly awaiting to see it out.

Posted Image

Fashionable red carpet, one of the 205 GTI iconic features, was past its best too and also going out.

Posted Image

Everything removed and sent to an upholsterer, for side bolsters repair and general tidy-up.

Posted Image

A classic example of side bolster damage. It's actually not too extensive, especially not on the other seat.
It was an easy j** for the professional. Next up, the cleaners.

Posted Image

Meanwhile, since about half of the bulbs had been blown, I took the dash apart and changed them.

Posted Image

At the same time, I got a better condition steering wheel, gear knob and gear gator from my parts collection :)

Posted Image

To be continued...

Photos here: http://photos.cybern...05gti999?page=2

#7 cybernck

cybernck
  • Senbuviai

Parašyta 2011 rugsėjo 29 - 23:54

With the interior parts back from the cleaners, the first j** was to put the clean carpet back in the car.
I've also put the dash back together. What a massive difference! Apart from some fade in the driver's
footwell, it looks pristine.

Posted Image

The rear seats - fitted back in place looking like they've never been sat on.

Posted Image

The finished front seats look pretty good! Also, I swapped the sides to even out the wear, so my passenger
side seat is now my driver's seat.

Posted Image

All done! I'm now in love with the interior :). Ironically, new floor mats I've had on my disposal have "Tuning"
written on them, haha. As you can see, the reclining adjuster is on the outside side now, so the lower plastic
cover can't be used, but I don't really miss it :).

Posted Image

205 GTI dash layout and illumination - a fascination from my childhood days.

Posted Image

All in all, I'm very pleased with the results - it was well worth the effort!

Photos here: http://photos.cybern...05gti999?page=3

#8 cybernck

cybernck
  • Senbuviai

Parašyta 2012 sausio 15 - 01:41

To firm up and lower the suspension a bit, I've installed Koni Sport adjustable shocks absorbers with
Jamex -30 mm springs and BakerBM Grp.N top mounts in the front of the car...

Posted Image

...and matching Koni Sport adjustable dampers in the rear. I haven't altered the rear beam height.

Posted Image

Full size photos here: http://photos.cybern...05gti999?page=3

#9 cybernck

cybernck
  • Senbuviai

Parašyta 2012 liepos 20 - 14:21

Meanwhile, I got offered a Phase 2 Miami Blue 1.9 - a car I've been dreaming about
for many years, as I've never had a Ph2 205 GTI and it was my favourite colour for
that model, so I've simply had to buy it.

Posted Image

Unfortunately, with both of them in need of restoration, one had to go. I decided
in favour of the Miami Blue and eventually managed to sell the Silver one. I'm not
happy about it but I've had no other choice.

Posted Image

BYE BYE 205 GTI 999! :-(

Full size photos here: http://photos.cybern...05gti999?page=3

Vartotojų skaito šią temą: 0

narių: 0, svečių: 0, slaptų narių: 0